Originally Posted by bluemagic
Some of these teachers are delusional. And if you can't cut it they just say you don't belong.

Yes.
DD has had several good teachers at this school, but there seem to also be a large number of teachers that think gifted students can just whiz through any amount of homework. I would excuse this (sort of) if the teacher had just started this crazy level of homework in the ramp up to AP testing, but this has gone on all year long. Many of the classes have a high percentage of the grade as homework, so knowing the material is not sufficient.

I think that having all the homework online might contribute to the crazy amounts from this teacher. Although the teacher may have to put the assignment together, it is all graded by the homework website for classes like physics. When the homework is a ready made unit like a practice AP test or chapter review it may seem smaller than it really is--the teacher can just post and the system takes care of it.

Less understandable are the teachers that assign three five page essays over the weekend. I can't even imagine reading 90+ five page essays from DD's class of 30 students. The only up side is that DD can now really crank out a five page essay. Any topic, any subject, any number of facts thrown in for one low price...