I've never seen anything with her speech to worry me and she was an early reader (around age 4)...with fluency scores always in the 98th-99th percentile. She does fine with nonsense words, I think. I think there is something going on in terms of organizing thoughts and sequencing...and her lack of pretend play kind of ties in. She can do pretend play when forced to but clearly isn't that into it. She also has some perfectionistic tendencies and is a big picture thinker...she sees patterns that other people would never notice (such as looking at a piece of sheet music for piano and immediately noticing a pattern in the music), but not necessarily details, and with writing you need details.

Her piano teacher says she is extremely advanced with music reading ability but has trouble coordinating her two hands, although seems to do better when she is medicated more. Not sure what that means, if anything.

I wonder if I can just use the writing fluency score to qualify her for an IEP, or if it has to be "written expression" as a whole.