blackcat, now I am feeling more concerned frown A parent from this school told us that her kid learned advanced math in the afterschool program (at some other center), and the school teacher told her that the kid needed to learn several different ways to do the grade level stuff. How bad is this?

I have been ignoring these largely because our son has not been prepared. We want to know what his true talents are, and the extent (and to be honest, we are too busy and frazzled, with a baby and busy jobs). We even didn't take it seriously when the HG director told us he might have vision issues. But we do want him to be able to accelerate if he chooses to do so later (without us pushing him). We are going to consult a math teacher in a couple weeks to see how we can do math home schooling, so that we can observe early whether he'd need to transfer. We are a bit concerned that prepping him in math might dig the hole deeper for us (in terms of inability to blend in at the school), but maybe it is better to know early whether it is a problem.

Anyway, I am going to do my job as a mommy now and email our clinic to have him seen by ophthalmologist.