Thanks Val for sharing the perspective!
Unfortunately we are not in strong position.. The non-GT school is in high demand amongst local parents and have a waitlist. I know many parents from our preschool will jump and take our spot if we leave it. And the GT school also had waitlist they had started contacting (they only held our spot until last Fri). But they said we could try to transfer next year if we get into differentiation trouble at the non-GT school. The school that has HG+ students is only a few years old, and rumor has it that they were at risk of closing quite recently (maybe 2-3 years ago), and we know their head might leave once the contract ends in two years. I guess we want to see where they are in a couple years, and if they are still there and we need it, then we could try transferring. We are willing to help the school with our resources, but more inclined to help it to move from stage B->C rather than A->B.

It is killing me that most GT schools don't want HG kids. And that it could be hard to advocate for a HG kid, because in our area people think all kids are gifted (and they are partly right, but then they are probably not aware that HG exists either..).