Hi Peanutsmom! Our sons (mine is 4.5) sound somewhat similar. Ours also hit the ceiling on VSI (and a few other subtests), on the WPPSI IV (and was probably nowhere near his limits - he thought the blocks section was "easy") - and has always been unusual. Doing 60-100 piece puzzles around his 2nd birthday. And like your kid, he now loves Legos; we just introduced him to Lego at Christmas, and he has not yet reached the limits of his ability (he finds sets for 7-12 year olds easy...). We also share your schooling worries. And I am not sure that math tutoring, say, is the way to go for our son. He is already ahead there, as well as in reading (in 2 languages), with very limited "instruction". I am thinking more along the lines of complementing what is going to be taught at school, via Lego, construction, puzzles, etc., to minimize the discrepancy with school. But not sure if this is the right approach. He is such a quick learner...Maybe we can exchange ideas as we travel along this journey.
Oh, wanted to add, our son is also totally normal socially, very pleasant, and tends to hide his true ability when not challenged - he totally blends in.

Last edited by rac; 03/24/14 07:42 AM.