Originally Posted by Val
My meandering experiences have taught me that schools don't tend to work for HG+ kids for more than three years or so. frown Many others here have said the same thing over the years. Well, some schools might, but they're probably the ones designed with HG+ kids in mind to begin with.

This. The thing about HG kiddos is that they tend to learn faster than the general population, so you really need to focus on finding the right environment for just a year or two at a time. Would it be nice to be able to plan out further, sure. And you should think long term, just to take it into consideration because changing things up can be a pain. But, truthfully, we have never found a situation that works well for more than a couple of years. We have had times when we have settled for not ideal.

With this in mind, I would tend to go with the HG but unstable school, even if it is open for just a couple of years. Those two years of being nurtured would be well worth the hassle of changing schools, I would think, when compared with two years of your child hiding his abilities or not learning how to learn in a school environment or possible learning to dislike school. I would, personally, think seriously about taking a chance with the HG school.

She thought she could, so she did.