May I suggest taking him to an eye doctor who specializes in young children? Yes, your son's eyes might correct at some point, however, he will be hampered/uncomfortable now if they are anything significantly different than 20/20. We found out our DS was quite farsighted when he was about four years old. However, that eye doctor was not as good as the one in the area we moved to two years later, who did some tests and found out that the glasses he had were barely helping and that he had a severe lazy eye issue (corrected with a few months of patching). Since then, the eyes have strengthened, but DS is very much reliant on his glasses, which tells us that he needs them.

Sorry to toss this at you too, but it is something that is more critical than most people realize. DS has been much more comfortable with schoolwork since he got the correct correction. Also, there has been no negative response from peers to his glasses. In fact, they are much more common on kids around here than I recall being the case when I was young.

Last edited by ConnectingDots; 03/27/14 05:30 PM.