Thanks again everyone! I posted this thread because we are still indecisive in a way. In all the schools (including this GT school), differentiation starts at the first grade. So we are ok for a year at least. So my thinking is we will go to this non-GT school for the year, homeschool him math to see where his abilities are and how fast he learns, and if it seems like he is really that much ahead of the peers at the non GT school, and the school won't accommodate, we will talk about transferring to the GT school. Meanwhile by identifying the trouble early (if it exists) then we can have earlier talk to this school than otherwise. I am thinking of starting the homeschooling this summer.

psychland, his working memory is also very good, as well as his picture memory. But I don't know how to judge his executive functions, but I am guessing that the current pre-K program is great at developing that.

We have been procrastinating because, we don't know how well the test scores are in predicting his Math needs. Right now he is not rough/demanding with his pre-K teachers, academic wise, so we are not sure he will be acting as a HG kid in math later... Or maybe I am in denial here? OTOH the pre-K is play based and very unstructured, so the kids do whatever they want to do within a theme defined by the teachers.

I am going to meet a math teacher/tutor next weekend in order to learn how to teach math; she is not willing to take GT kids (she said it is harder to teach them, is it?) but is willing to jumpstart me. Now I am starting to feel it that most people are not willing to work with HG kids. To say that I am nervous might be an understatement.