I'm open to homeschooling my DS2.25 when he's kindergarten age. When I discuss this thought process with friends, the features of homeschooling that I mention are usually:

- Freedom to study topics of special interest to DS in as much detail and for as long as he likes, without being tied to what the rest of the class is doing
- Ability to adopt elements of different curricula that are suited to DS' needs and interests, rather than being constrained to a single approach designed to fit a group
- The opportunity to spend time interacting with a more diverse group of people in the community (different ages, ethnicities, professions)
- Greater freedom in scheduling: because we could eliminate inefficient time in class, DS could cover the same material in less time and would have more spare time for exploration, extra curriculars, and free play with friends
- My desire to ensure that DS' faith is linked to the topics we study in a consistent way
- We love spending time together and would both enjoy sharing learning past pre-school age
- The flexibility to respect the body's natural rhythms, including sleeping in later than usual school start times, and being able to nap and eat ad libitum
- Being able to engage in more community-centric experiential learning, like visiting museums, exploring local natural features, concerts, travel, etc.
- Ability to teach unconventional subjects, like debate or cooking, that I might not afterschool due to not wanting to impinge on DS' time for free play

As a one liner, I say that I see homeschooling as a potential option that would delight my son and I. We love learning together and would be thrilled to get to explore the world together, with effectively total freedom to come and go as we please.

What is to give light must endure burning.