If you are new to the area, do you have a good idea of the academic skills of young kids in the area? We live in an area with good schools, and I think that probably 80% of the kids entering kindergarten know most or all of the material. Maybe the other kids know the material too?

I attended a private school in the same area we live in now, and we only had 12 kids in the kindergarten class. Three of us could read. I'm not sure if 25% of all kids in the area can read when they enter kindergarten, but there were certainly children at my kids' preschool who could read (not mine, though youngest would read stuff out in public, such as a sign or flyer, then quickly deny that she read it).

If you say she "learns differently", I would assume that she had an LD. I think you should phrase that in a different way. I recall a kid whose mother always led him around, holding his hand. Kid sort of had a blank look on his face. Most other kids thought he had some serious LDs. It turns out that the mother was overly protective (due to a truly traumatic event he witnessed at a very young age), but the kid was brilliant and went to an Ivy.

Just mention to others a few things she likes to learn about, or a few skills, and you might be surprised. Just don't mention anything way out there (like Calculus). And check out activities with kids with similar interests - library Lego Club, nature camps, etc. If the area has good schools, there are bound to be some activities like these.