My older daughter isn't profoundly gifted (at least, I don't think so).

She could sound out words at a young age, acquires languages and math concepts quickly, and now loves to read. But she's motivated by social factors like fitting in and connecting with people emotionally. She wouldn't work on worksheets all day long if given the chance--she'd play outdoors. She has missed maybe two math problems the entire year at school, and though she gets maybe two or three words spelled wrong per page of writing (she's in 1st grade). Her average book of choice is about 3rd or 4th grade level.

Still, our district is very highly competitive. As far as I can see, her skills are common and she plays them down. I don't know that any children in her class are having trouble with math at all.

So, I am kind of nervous to see the results. I have no idea how she'll test, but I do know that most people's test scores don't change a whole lot, percentile-wise, over time. I'm not worried about a very low score--which I believe would just be an indication of her being an unusual thinker, or having not paid attention--because I know she is capable of great performance.

I don't even know what I'm worried about. Her dad and I both tested well and I guess I hope she will, too. I don't know why I feel I'd be disappointed if she did not do well. As if somehow, her test scores on ONE test reflected on me as a parent, or on her as a person. She's very creative and smart.

It's almost like it's too much information. I know she has a level but I don't want to know what it is!!! Unless it's really super awesome. LOL