Originally Posted by binip
I have found that the number one thing that matters in life is not intelligence or education, but money and connections.

I usually don't get caught up in conversations such as this and try to just stay with the convos I can actually offer up something useful in smile But, fwiw, I am wondering if you really believe this? It hasn't been my experience at all, and I wouldn't want my children thinking so either. JMO, but from what I've seen of life (and I'm old, so I've seen a bit lol!)... what counts in life is your attitude, your self-confidence, your faith that there is something out there worth getting up for every morning. The sum of life isn't about money or networking-type-connections any more than it is about having a high IQ or being beautiful on the outside. Life is what you make it. It's about motivation and caring. It's about passion. And yes, it's about connections - but it's about connections of caring among fellow human beings, the type of connections that make us human, reaching out to understand each other, offering help to those who need it, offering a smile to others simply because we're happy. Connections to family, friends, giving your all to something you are passionate about.

OK, off my soapbox now.

One last question though - I don't entirely understand not wanting to look at the score. It sounds different than not overthinking or placing too much importance on a number - maybe I misunderstood? I do hope your dd gets into the program smile

Best wishes,

polarbear