My DD is in 2nd and has just tested into the gifted program for next year, where they will be doing 4th grade math, which means she'll effectively skip 3rd. Which is fine, conceptually, because she's already up to 4th grade math in Dreambox learning and other math software, so I know she gets the concepts. But, she doesn't necessarily know how to work the numbers on paper and she doesn't have her multiplication and division facts memorized--she could work through that, except that she's easily frustrated and a perfectionist so I know she'll panic instead.

So long story short, I just went in this week to talk to her teacher about her starting 3rd grade math now. They're being a PITA about real accommodation but at least they've finally agreed to let her do 3rd grade in the classroom after she finishes the regular 2nd grade worksheets. They started her on the 5th unit which she says is still dead easy, but better than 2nd grade math. I bought the homeschool version of the 3rd grade curriculum the district uses off of eBay, so we can finish the rest of it during the summer.

It's awesome that your program has a lot of 2E kids. My daughter has ADHD as well and the program in our current district has almost no 2E kids at all.