We have thought about Davidson and moving to Reno for our 2e/pg ds8, but we just bought a house a couple of years ago and like where we live. It is tempting though. We're un/homeschooling ds now and part of me would do anything to be with a bunch of other pg kids like him, but I know it's not realistic based on where we live and his situation.

I think there are many positives to Davidson, but I think there are some drawbacks to it as well. From what I understand, some families have moved across the county - only to move back a couple of years later when the child is working on college/university level. Davidson Academy has a link with U. of NV at Reno, but this university isn't prestigious or rigorous as some other schools in the country and then there can be 'issues' with other students, etc. In other words, it may not be ideal or utopia.

My point is that the situation with a pg can change rapidly. They can quickly accelerate through curriculums and materials in a matter of months rather than years. You may eventually be in a position where you're going to be re-assessing and re-evaluating the situation quarterly or every couple of months.

Un/homeschooling allows the greatest flexibility in educating a pg child but, again, it may not be totally ideal. It may be a least-worst or temporary case until a child is older and able to attend college level courses online or in person.