Do you have just the one DS? I'm asking because the fact that my PG DD(8) has a younger brother (4) has complicated our school choices.

I'm pretty sure the Davidson academy doesn't do elementary, so you may be ahead of your self. smile But in any case, I would be inclined to stick with the Montessori and see how it goes over the next couple years before uprooting. Unless you really just hate Florida and want to make a change, then maybe? But if you feel like the school is a good choice for him now, then they may well be able to handle his needs for some time.

Others may have more experience with or knowledge about the RAIS test, but given the spread of the scores, I would want to test again with a one of the longer, more standard IQ tests. My DD also had a huge gap between verbal and non-verbal on the RAIS and I was really concerned because a big gap could indicate a hidden learning disability; so we re-tested the the WISC with a tester who had experience with 2E kids, to make sure we had all our ducks in a row. FWIW the gap was not repeated on the WISC and her scores in both areas were higher than on the RAIS.

Last edited by Aufilia; 03/11/14 12:58 PM.