Originally Posted by Ania
Had to laugh GG, you just described how my son talks :-) He is much older (amlost 12) but still haven't lost that talent for making everything sound so complicated:-)
Oh Ania, if our sons ever met... can you imagine the interesting conversations they could have?!

Sometimes, when I am absolutely not in the mood to listen, I just tell him to tell me the last sentence.
Nodding here... yup, I do the same sometimes. Generally I try to be patient and let him talk, but at times I do say (during his little gasps for air) "can you skip to the end?" or "I don't have much time; just tell me the most important part." I try to avoid yelling GET TO THE POINT! though I do think it in my head sometimes. :-)

Does you son talk VERY fast? Does he occasionally "skip" the verbal explanation to catch up with his thinking and then he has you lost completely?
Ania

No, I guess our boys differ there. On these long stories, mine talks at a normal to slow pace (unless he's really excited about something) and he says things with great emotion and facial expression, and sometimes acting out what he's describing. I haven't noticed the other thing you mentioned either (skipping the explanation).

Re: swimming & breathing, he's still a little scared of the water. Getting better, but doesn't do real "swimming" yet. But I'm thinking this summer might be time for swim lessons.

GG