Willa, this makes me so angry to read what you're going through with the school. Especially that the AT won't tell you his WPM and accuracy scores, etc. How ridiculous. This is your child, you have a right to know how he tested! Arggh. I wish I had some good advice to add, but I don't--other than to keep fighting ("Fite-ing"--smile) for him.

Is there anyone higher up who can help you advocate? Anyone in the district or ISD offices? Local or state gifted groups? The state special ed coordinator? I mean, this is ridiculous. And it sounds like it is just going to drag on the same way until the year is over, with no changes being made.

I have a friend IRL who was having problems with her daughter's school not accommodating her needs. Talks with the teacher were getting nowhere--oh, except she found out the teacher had never bothered to read her daughters IEP. The situation escalated while the teacher/school admin. kept putting her off and "being nice" and promising to meet again, review things, etc. Her daughter was miserable. Finally my friend took her daughter out of school, called the principal and said "I'm keeping her home until this is resolved." Also put it in writing, with copies to higher ups--superintendent, etc. Within three days she had calls from the district SPED administrators asking how they could help her work things out.

Sometimes you have to do something drastic before you get action.

My heart is with you,

GG