Wow- thanks for all the thoughts, ideas, advice. Everyone's experience is different, and it is great to hear it all!

The private school was recommended by the tester and using a curriculum developed by the CFGE. It's 10 mins away. It does say there are a limited amount of financial aid- it's a new school. Yet, it feels right. One other thought about this school; I thought maybe we could use it as fall back if homeschool wasn't a good fit.

I could increase my work hours, but my husband travels. This would mean I would have to work all weekend- not great for family time or anytime with my husband. Neither dh or I really want to do this. (But I will if I have to.)

By socially, I meant making friendships with the other kids. Ds is a very social child, but is really struggling at school. Sure he talks to classmates, but is not "friends" with any of them. (We are working with a counselor to help him.)

I agree that this "gt" program is probably NOT enough, but I agreed if ds got in; we would try it until the end of the year.

As far as homeschool, to avoid feeling trapped in this district, I have been research all I can about homeschool in my area. There appears to be a great homeschool group in my town. We live in a metropolitan area, and there seems to be lots of resources. I really like the idea of the flexibility and ability to let ds explore other things once his assignment is completed. I also see him struggle with perfectionist qualities.

To look into the reintegration back into school and how that works is a good thought. Any thoughts about how to gain information about this without telling the district we want to homeschool?

MON-I am interested to hear your thoughts. I didn't get a chance to read your post before you deleted it.