Four years ago, my older daughter was identified as gifted at age 6 after her school psychologist administered the WISC IV; she scored a FSIQ of 138 and a GAI of 142 (which were higher with extended norms). She has always been a high achiever, reaching all milestones early, so her scores were not necessarily a surprise.

Her younger sister on the other hand, has always seemed more "normal", (7 year old, 2nd grade) with grade level reading, math etc., but very perceptive and mature, with a wicked sense of humor and a good vocabulary. She was recently given the OLSAT at her elementary school, and scored substantially lower (SAI of only 98). While I don't believe my younger one is gifted, I still thought her results would indicate that she is "bright", rather than average, to below average. It just seems very odd that there would be such a discrepancy between siblings (almost 3 standard deviations!!)

Has anyone had a child that scores substantially lower on the OLSAT than on an individually administered test like the WISC-IV? just wondering if I should accept these scores as a valid reflection of my 7 year old's abilities?