Originally Posted by TNC
Oh, and I just want to scream thinking this is what I have ahead of me for the next long while!

I think this answers your question re should you continue at this school - whether or not your dd needs the extra work before moving up in reading, you're mentally done with the school, so it's most likely time to move on.

This may sound counterintuitive but, fwiw, have you thought of just *not* schooling your dd for the rest of this year? Since she's 4, I'm guessing that technically she's enrolled in preschool, not kindergarten. She's clearly picked up on quite a bit of reading on her own - what about just taking the rest of the year to let her be at home, read if she wants to, learn new things if/when she wants to, play with her brother if she wants to. To be honest, I feel like our EG kids learn more just by experiencing life than they do attending school where they are on a linear track to accomplish x/y/z all planned out by linear-thinking folks. Even now that he's a teen (and his days are packed to the gills with school, in what I consider to be a good school situation)... the times I see the intellectual gifts really rise to the surface in my ds are when he's at home just being who he is, which gives his mind time to just think.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. Let her stay home but don't sweat the schooling. My guess is what's important will just happen - you'll let her lead smile

OTOH, I'm not sure what the worries are over your option 2 small private school. Small can be good! I'm guessing there may be more to your concern than just size?

Best wishes,

polarbear