One of my major concerns with Modern Montessori Education (and the reason we are homeschooling instead of...) is that they have a firm focus on linear learning. higher LOG kids do not learn in this fashion - they jump around for the most part and need the freedom to do so within their learning environment.

I have always believed in the Montessori methodology as a whole; I just couldn't understand the rigid need to keep kids operating on an adult-imposed learning path in a system that is based on following the child. frown

And as much as I hate to be the party pooper - it doesn't really matter if you think the school/system is the best thing since Solar Power - what really matters is how happy your daughter is in her learning environment; many of us here have struggled through with kids being unhappy at school and I can say from personal experience that it is just simply not worth it.

I can honestly say that the delight I experience now on a daily basis is simply because my child is happy to be alive, eager to wake up every day and learn and full of joy. As a kid should be.

So yes, I was reluctant to walk away from Montessori. I still believe in it's pedagogical value. It's just not for my oldest two children.

I hope you can find resolution and peace with wherever your decisions take you!

Mom to 3 gorgeous boys: Aiden (8), Nathan (7) and Dylan (4)