I think it's a good start, but I kind of hate the lists like the one listed in that brochure. I would have read that as my child was a preschooler and thought, yeah he's a little ahead. But he's with a full time parent all day and he's generally ND. And I would have bristled at the "G" word, having no previous knowledge or understanding of giftedness. Or it would be easy for a parent of a ND to read that list and think their child was extremely curious and inquisitive and be on the ND spectrum. I also know a number of kids that were reading before kindy (who attended a Montessori full time) that are really not more than perhaps MG.

Every pediatrician we've had has commented casually on both our kid's precociousness. Maybe it should have been a heads up that the dr. couldn't get a word in edgewise with the questions that were flying every time we were at the doctor's office. I wish they'd be qualified to do a little screening to give you a heads up on where you sit. It'd probably be helpful for kids on all ends of the spectrum and might head off problems of all kinds before school starts.

Our school district does a kindergarten screening starting at age 3. It seems like this would have been a good time to do a level 1 screen for giftedness too. Although, every kindergartener is screened which is nice. (that doesn't mean they do anything about it however)