I think you are right to seek independent testing. If nothing else, you will stop second-guessing yourself smile Knowing that I am not wrong about my kids has helped me be a better advocate.

It is true that teachers don't take kindly to parents telling them that their kids are brilliant at the beginning of the year. Whether or not it is fair of them to react that way is another question, but knowing that can help you plan your advocacy strategy.

We enrolled our DS in K and did not start advocacy for a grade skip for several months. The reason is that even if you have scores, the teachers will want to see proof in the form of performance. So I made sure that DS did every boring scrap of homework that he received. I asked the teacher to assess his reading level. I didn't say, "DS is reading at X grade level." I knew where he was but I wanted her to find out for herself.

Ignore them on the redshirting issue. And the gradeskipping issue. I'm sure you've done more research on the topic recently than either of them. smile

Cathy