We stopped discussing DD's early milestones with her pediatrician because we figured as long as she isn't behind, there isn't much to talk about. The cat is out of the bag now since DD can read charts on his wall and asks dozens of questions and when she started naming all the organs and bones during the last visit, he looked at us and said "Medical schools are expensive, mom." I replied, "Well, we'll see how she does in preschool first."

Given how she was as a baby and toddler, I thought for sure her strengths would be related to fine-motor and visual perceptual things. She prefers to type and she is into drawing maps these days so she is progressing nicely but about a week ago, we discovered that she can run like the wind. We've had no clue but apparently, when properly motivated, she can run faster than boys twice her age. I thought she was going to trip and fall but she didn't.

SO always insisted that she was very well coordinated for her age and strong but I thought he was just seeing things because there are better coordinated girls in her gym class and she seemed just so hopeless in her ballet class but it's all coming together for her and I see the spark and in her eyes when her body is in motion. She is also fiercely competitive (to a fault, we're working on this) so she might end up quite athletic just like her father and my father. This is not something I'd have predicted based on her babyhood physical milestones because she was early on some, on-time for most, and late on a few things like jumping. I'm so relieved that I didn't pass my lack of grace to her but she sure took her time to let us know.