Don't get me wrong....I still don't know that I believe it myself....but it was quite clear, it wasn't just one sound I pulled out of her crying or cooing, it was said in distress and my sister witnessed it once as well out of the 3 or so times I remember that early. By 5-6 months she said it often in other situations specifically to me, 6-7 she started the dada specifically, 10 months started others and by 12 she had about 25 with a few phrases. I only mention the rest because I only even consider the possibility of the 2 months (?close to 3m) being real because she backed it up with other things as time went on. Who knows...I may be crazy. smile I admit that I do not mention it to people if I want them to think I am sane. When asked, I generally say she started speaking at 10 months because that was her first word beyond mom and dad. But I also recall her clearly looking at pictures in a specific book at 2.5 months. She was looking intently and moving her head slightly as she moved from picture to picture in the book and laughing every time she got to a certain picture with a dog. She still likes that book.