My DS6 is starting to act aggressively when he is not mentally stimulated. Usually, he is very calm and quiet, but for the past few weeks he has become a little out of control (not brushing his teeth, not going to bed, etc; arguing about everything and anything- even fact; general jumping around; lack of respect towards his dad).

He is amazing when he is doing something he loves that requires his absolute focus and interest; obvious, I know, but it is really becoming split personality. He is either like an adult, or he is like a hyperactive six year old- there's no inbetween.

Please tell me this is a phase! I don't know what to do; I can't entertain him with these particular (expensive) activities 24/7. Reading only entertains him at night, now. My computer is getting fixed. He has a billion toys, educational, and fun ones, but lately he is only enjoying activities in a professional setting, such as, science fun in a science lab or the planetarium at a local university. I can't take him to those places every day, and in my sad, boring state there isn't much more to do. Help!