I think it's two different groups. I don't think they're selling the program to pg families, but hg families. If what they said in the other forum is true, these two families the Swanns and the Hardings put their kids through a boxed curriculum (like Abeka or Calvert) without any differentiation or rabbit trails. An hg kid, maybe even an mg kid, would finish a set curriculum quicker than normal if allowed to work at their own pace. It wouldn't even take more hours per day. Working faster is part of being, even mildly, gifted. The benefit would be, over a lifetime, a few more years of earning, an earlier or cushier retirement, or more time for a higher education before starting your family.
A pg kid, yours HK or the ones at Davidson academy, are a different group. The plan there is not to get to earning quicker, but to "feed the fire", find a passion. That's why all the back and forth in these chats about high iq not necessarily meaning high income. I don't think they're wrong to say many kids can do what they did, with good family support and structure. It also kinda fits with the "nation decieved" spiel and Hoagies gifted's deal spreading the message that acceleration is not usually detremental like was recently commonly believed. If skipping a grade or two in school is harmless, then so is accelerated homeschooling.
ETA: I'm worried that sounded elitist like mg/hg young adults don't need a passion to go to college and get a career. I meant the path a pg kid could take could lead them to a tougher degree from a tougher college so maybe the prerequisite knowledge might be different.

Last edited by La Texican; 06/05/13 02:18 PM.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar