KJP - can you refresh my memory as to age and issues your child is dealing with?

We have long discussed things with DD in terms of people being different. We live in an area with every conceivable religion, culture, nationality, lifestyle, etc. From the time she was little we explained "Different people believe different things and that's ok" to explain differences in dress, holidays, etc. That was a natural lead in to "Different people are good at/have trouble with different things." DH used himself as an example and told her "People like you and me have to learn things in a different way." He also explained "Most teachers go to school to learn to teach a certain way and that's fine for most kids. But people like you and me have to learn things differently. Luckily some teachers, like Mrs. Wonderful Spec Ed teacher, go to school to learn how to teach the way that you and I need to learn. You're so lucky to have her. When I was in school I didn't have someone like Mrs. Wonderful Spec Ed teacher so I had to figure it all out myself." This explanation has helped enormously! I can't emphasize enough what a difference it has made.

Last year I posted here about DD and I watching the Disney channel when one of their young actresses, Bella Thorne, came on doing a PSA about having dyslexia. I was terrified about how DD would react but she was thrilled. That was the first time she realized that there were other people experiencing the same thing. Prior to that I was afraid to label or discuss much about the LD issues. As she gets older we will get into more specifics but for now the "learns differently" seems to be enough.