We are in the same boat with you, Ametrine...and its ugly out there outside of the metro area, isn't it?

There is a reason why even being in one of the best school districts outside of that metro area (probably THE best, come to think of it), we're still left going "Ummmm... okay... what the HECK do we do here??" and so are local administrators.

Clearly they can't do what DD seems to need. But at least we're lucky enough that they admit it fairly openly to us-- if she were only HG/MG, not so. It's only because DD is so flagrantly HG+ that they go there and just make it clear that she won't get an appropriate education from them because they don't have it to give.

Sad, but true.

There was a time in this state.... a magical time... called the 70's... Well, I digress.

My point was this-- for Ametrine-- if you want info on how we've (kind of) managed to cobble together something that has taken my DD from ages 6 to nearly 14 with somewhat minimal angst re: differentiation methods, feel free to PM.

We've been with our virtual charter for quite some time, and I can definitely provide names and tips for dealing with state administration, and tip you off to where the tripwires are with the national administration.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.