Val,

We live in California too. Everyone says the city we live has good Public school so we moved to here about 4 years ago. The API here is more then 900.

Yes! the school close earlier then Private school. And they only have half day on Wednesday. But I don't really care about if the school close earlier or not. My kid love music, art & reading. He spend lots of time on it. He is very busy after school.

The reason I'm thinking to transfer to Private because he can't learn anything at school. I think the teacher only teach the kids who is behind. Also, the school policy is kind of silly. Like he can read Chapter books when he was in K, the teacher knows that. But they don't allowed him to borrow the book from other grade's section. He only can choose the book from K section.

The information I got from school is they will test kids when they are in 3 grade and start GATE program in 4th grade. BUT! There is no GATE program now, just the teacher will give them extra homework to do.

I live in Los Angeles area. If you live around here, could you tell me which private school your kids go?

Thanks!