Originally Posted by yuchi0103
I live in Los Angeles area. If you live around here, could you tell me which private school your kids go?

Thanks!

I'm near San Jose, but I know of a few schools in LA.

Did you know that LA has a set of magnet schools for kids with high IQs? I don't know anything about them.

There are also private schools specifically for gifties (e.g. Mirman). Here's a list.

Re: School libraries.

Has anyone ever asked why they do this? It seems very weird to me. But I suppose one can never really plumb the depths (shallows?) of an edumacator's so-called logic. confused That was't very nice, and I don't care. Restricting a child's book choices is just plain mean. Not to mention that they're shutting bright low-SES kids out of books at their level (wealthier people can just go buy them)!

When I was a kid (remember, public school, but a long time ago), we could borrow any book we wanted. I remember a couple of coffee-table type books in the section of the library for 7th and 8th graders and up. The books were about ancient Egypt and ancient Rome. I loved them! I used to borrow them two or three times a year, starting in second grade. No one ever batted an eye. Most of us borrowed a range of books from all sections.