Jenny--

You have everything you need to possibly succeed.

High intelligence, phenomenal motivation and intrinsic interest trumps "profound giftedness" under any circumstances.

As a 23 year old college student, I have a iq of 170 and it is not an easy way to live.

I feel a ubiquitous sense of loneliness, pervasive frustration (that I keep to myself) with the facile nature of my classes, and I cannot take multiple choices well because I have a poor habit of questioning everything and a minimal ability to understand precisely what the professor seeks.

I rarely sleep because of my research that takes over my every thought; I also end up putting this before my own assignments (which obviously does not breed the best success with my grades).

I keep a lot to myself on efforts expended on course assignments, and make a conscientious effort to talk about "normal" things--my family cannot understand my interests and even seem to fear my abnormal fascination for mathematics, psychology, and modern physics. Overall, the sense of boredom and lack of challenge overwhelms much of my life.

Jenny, the point of this is to tell you that being a "genius"--quotes indicate the inherently subjective nature of this--bodes many problems as well that are not often discussed or regarded. You are perfect exactly as you are, and you have no need to change what you are doing. Keep up with your extracurricular activities, phenomenal coursework, and social endeavors. You are going to be a great success!