I totally agree with KADmom - your achievements are wonderful!!! The last thing on earth I'd focus on is that IQ # - and to be honest, if it's keeping you out of a school that you really want to attend - I'd advocate like crazy to try to get accepted - you may be able to do it even with the one IQ test that doesn't quite meet the admissions criteria. If you want some ideas on how to advocate for it, let us know.

And is it possible to be a super-high achiever without a super-high IQ? Absolutely. Please don't let this one thing discourage you - keep on plugging away and try to get into the school you're hoping to get into! And if that doesn't work out, you might find another school program that is every bit as good smile

And... just out of curiosity - can you tell us which IQ test you had? I'm just curious if it was either the WISC/SB-5/WJ-III or if it was something like the CogAT. Not all the tests advertised as "IQ" tests are necessarily innate IQ tests... and the tests our local high schools use as screeners are not the WISC/etc... so I can totally imagine a student here coming away from testing thinking their IQ was XYZ when in fact they hadn't really even had an IQ test.

Best wishes,

polarbear