Others have already explained why "ideally intelligent" is actually a BETTER thing than being highly gifted is.

Think of it this way-- is it "better" to be neurotypical? Or to be on the autistic spectrum? It depends on what you mean, right?

If this is a school for highly gifted students, then (and I mean this in the best possible way)... it may not be a good fit for you if you are "ideally intelligent."

No more than a really, REALLY awesome school for students with Apserger's syndrome (if such a thing exists-- I don't know) would be a good fit for a neurotypical and highly functional student would be.

A "great" school is only great if you fit the target student demographic dead center of the distribution. Do keep that in mind.

As others have noted, your data all seems to indicate that you are doing terrifically well right where you are!

Like others who have posted before me, I can explain what the difference is between high achievement and gifted behavior looks like all too well.

You might be gifted/highly gifted:

Reading because you are procrastinating, since that other unpleasant/trivial/meaningless task is just "busywork" anyway, and then having to RUSH to finish it. Sloppily/badly.

Nobody laughs at your "weird" jokes.

People call you a "freak" because of your interests.

You make people uncomfortable unless you hide how easy things are for you. You have to LIE about how long things take, or what grades you earned.

When you make the effort, you ALWAYS get 100%. Unless, you know, you get into that mode where you spend time overthinking the simple questions because you can't quite get into the not-too-bright teacher's head to see what s/he was actually thinking when s/he wrote the questions.

You are continuously impatient with how slow other people seem to think/process information.

As another question for our OP-- how would you feel if you DID get in to this other school, and found that you were now, officially, one of the "slow" kids?

Do consider that. It can be hard to be a high achiever and suddenly find yourself surrounded by people who are world class high achievers. I've seen that before in college students and graduate students. Some people adjust fine, and others don't; a lot depends on how invested the individual is in "I'm one of the 'smart' kids" as their identity.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.