The meeting is behind us. Thank you all again for the great help and suggestions! We made it through without any emotions getting out of hands and everyone walked out of the meeting fairly happy. I loosened up regarding having the allergies in the IEP but we are getting a lot more detailed Health Plan and will get pretty much all the accommodations I was asking for as long as we have it officially requested by DS's pediatrician or allergist, including either a special ed busing to and from school (due to the cold allergy) or regular busing but the bus would stop in front of our house and wait for us to come out of the house rather than us waiting at the bus stop in the middle of the winter in the cold. Plus getting an assigned seat that would be cleaned properly to avoid exposure to egg residue possibly left over from other kids. So, all in all we did good smile

Couple things I didn't like ... the school nurse was there too (fine with me) but she kept prodding at me in regards to what reactions DS had in the past and always ended up with "so, you didn't actually have to use the epi-pen" ... when she asked the same thing for the 3rd time it was starting to get to me. The fact we have never actually had to use it is NOT because his allergy wouldn't be severe. It's because we are doing a great job AVOIDING any chance for life threatening reactions! Very strange coming from a NURSE! Does a kid actually have to go into shock for them to understand the dangers?

And a little bit of disconnect I saw in how different people perceive DS ... while one of the therapists and even his teachers are concerned with how much he gets sick that the "academics" standards may be hard to keep up with with in Kindergarten the special ed director said something along the lines of "he'll be one of those kids that will make us look GREAT on standardized testing" ... I'm thinking the second one is more likely. He's already way passed the K standards in most area except for writing and some reading! Being home sick a lot is probably what will keep him from being bored and acting out too much! lol