mnmom23 , i've talked with the school , but i didn't bring up the subject or grade acceleration straight up , although i brought some proofs all the stuff he did last summer at home . ( basically his portfolio ) . The school just said that we should nominate him for a testing . DS took the test i believe it was last week , but we didn't get anything about the result yet .

I also think the teacher is not a good fit for DS but principal insisted the teacher is a perfect match for DS .

This school year has been a bad experience for DS , and for the whole family too . Earlier it just occured to me that i remember his homeroom teacher said she is the gifted teacher , and if DS were to go to gifted program next year , that means she could be his teacher again *sigh*

I have to say DS is no angel , but he's not a bad kid either , but the teacher or the school just makes it like DS is a really bad kid . While the problem might be just laying on giving him something to keep him busy , stimulate him , he's not the one who can sit and wait . Reading yes he loves but maybe there are days he's not into reading that much and because there is nothing for him to do , hence he's talking .. or disrupting the class .