I just found out from DS that his average waiting time for each subject is about 30-45 minutes . So when given an assignment , he'll be done within 15-20 minutes , ( might be longer or shorter depending on the subject or the test ) .

Once he's done with assignments or tests , he has to wait for other students to finish ( obviously ) , i just didn't think that it he had to wait that long ( in my mind before i found out about this .. i thought it'd be just like 10-15 minutes waiting )

Is this normal ? why am i feeling like why do i even send him to school if he has to spend 30-45 minutes doing nothing but reading . For language , math , science / social studies , that's like 30 or 45 minutes times 3 !! 90 to 135 minutes average of waiting on a daily basis !!

In the previous school , he said he finished about the same time like everyone else did ( and he barely got in trouble in that school ) .

Is this waiting period this long considered normal ? Does any of your children have to wait this long after they're finished their assignments before given or moving on to the next one ?

Thank you