polarbear - I would not be surprised if vision was an issue. He has never had a formal check up. Just a picture of his eyes taken during special ed evaluation. I have to find a pediatric eye doctor that would be good with him (or any kids) because the eye doctor's office I took my older one to was horrible. I mean, good care, but for adults and people with plenty of patience. Not for kids. I do think he can see well when it comes to reading and everything right in his face but not so sure about how his vision is affected by everything further away. Even might be the reason why he's only climbing down the stairs and takes him a lot of planning. He can climb up on chairs, tables, anything else vertical but seeing the space in front of him and planning his way down the stairs or down from a slide is definitely an ordeal. Yet he can walk up the stairs better than DS4.5. He also a lot of times pushes on his eyes with his fingers. It is something I mentioned to the early intervention therapists but they just said it's because he was tired.

How did they detect the actual issue that your daughter was having? By dilating her eyes? Or some special test? Or does the child actually need to be old enough to cooperate and say what he can or cannot see?