Panzer, I don't have any advice about ASD, I haven't dealt with it... but fwiw, I have a *guess* - and this is totally a guess... based on having our dd go through an EI evaluation when she was 3. There was a very brief cognitive skills assessment (I can't remember the name of it now)... and my guess is that "estimated IQ" # is estimated based on that. I'd try not to worry about it at all at this point in time - my dd tested below the 25th percentile on her EI eval for cognitive skills and then tested gifted on a legitimate IQ test just a few years later.

Also, fwiw, you may already be aware of this, but if you're ever in an IEP meeting again where there's a reason you want to sign the IEP that day (like the situation you mentioned, where you were being told if you sign now you can get services in place right away)... but there is something on the IEP you don't agree with, there is usually a place on the IEP for parent's comments (in our school district it is on the first page), and you can write down in that space anything you don't agree with. After the meeting you can send a written request for clarification or further action etc. In this case, since they are saying your ds is estimated at an IQ that you don't agree with, you could ask for further testing or at least ask for clarification re how they came up with that number. Be sure to send your request in writing; email works a-ok.

Best wishes,

polarbear