I would agree that when focused, lots can be accomplished, whether it is at an intellectual or emotional level. I love to watch my son when he is in the mode and off on a new tangent and inventing something new... the ideas fly and I just do a ... WOW! where does he get this from... blows my mind. He is also so sensitive and I can see him as an adult when he is married and because he is so emotional, I sense he will pay attention as so many men do not.
Many people have done wonderous things when in the hyperfocus mode... How may times did Edison fail before he came up with the light bulb? Did Einstein come up with his theory of relativity the first time he did a math problem?

My son did very well with the explanation given by his psychiatrist when he was 9y/o... The minds eye, minds movie theatre, etc that I mentioned in a previous post. It made sense to him... I think that is an important thing to realize.... and I think that is a process, at least that is my observation as I watch my son mature... How can one change behavior or find a way to cope with a physical/ neurological deficit, if you first do not realize you have it? I did not take the thought of medication lightly... it was a process and you have to do what feels right to you... I normally research new things to the max until I understand... then I make a decision...you just have to go with your gut/ intuition, once you feed the information to your brain... mmm