Hi Eibbed
There was another thread about tv screen time and there was a wide range of opinions. I actually don't think it's the issue unless you see it as an issue and it seems like you don't. I have had success putting the behavior on the table with my DS. Okay you can use it for an hour but if you get upset when it's time to stop you won't be allowed to the next day or cut into the time - I would have given you an hour but you are only getting 45 minutes because of your behavior last time- and the first time he is ok - he doesn't have to be happy just not tantrumming -and then give him extra time and interrupt him to make sure he knows he is getting extra.

He's young, they both are, so this is the time to try to start setting up behaviors. Some kids are huge addicts for screen time and it has to be controlled - managing it now can only help in the future.

To actually answer your question, we are fairly flexible, but he rarely stays on the iPad more than an hour - our choice but he doesn't fight it. He is now learning scratch and that takes awhile so I have been more flexible about time so he has time to accomplish something. But then he got a great courses DVD and wanted to watch all of it - I think we let him watch 2.5 hours in one setting, which was a new high, but hugely educational.

DeHe