w-
just read last reply from you,
do not let teacher get away with throwing memorization at you! if you feel your DD is fully reading and comprehending (key) then you tell her to assess DD!

this was one thing DS teacher said re DS reading (and even math)
- that just because he could memorize a few words did not make him a reader! same with math facts.
he can do math story problems in his head! he does them for fun, answering and then thinking of problem to ask me - a simple ie
i am an even #, i am greater than 10, less than 18, #choices are 2, 5, 0, 1, what # am i? (answer is 12). that was simple.
but he just turned 6.

and yes he is reading with full comprehension and HAD she taken the time to assess him, she would know this. (our new support teacher assessed him- he read out of the 2nd gr book, and then was able to discuss and read/answer in detail questions at end of story)

i don't mean to be doom and gloom?! but i am newly passionate about all of this! fyi, my son is also 2E and sadly, i think his autism played into this in respect that teacher has no clue re high functioning autistic children who don't always present as what many assume autism to be....
but she knew his dx, and almost seemed to just write him off. (that may be my anger talking. she may just suck at teaching.)

One can never consent to creep when
one feels an impulse to soar!
~Helen Keller