Thanks again, master of none.

They try to keep the testing pressure off and our kids don't recognize when it is they are supposed to be seriously answering and when they aren't.

I will probably request the teacher to state it was a test before giving a test, from here on.

I am also a little worried now, because the teacher and the school psychologist think that outside evaluation is needed to get a diagnosis for ADD. They keep telling me that they can accommodate so much better if there is a diagnosis. While I definitely don't want a label, I keep wondering why the teacher keeps saying he is "off-task". At home, I don't see it. I also don't see it in classes. Should I talk to them about it ? I also spoke to another mom whose son had this teacher for kindergarten; she said she had a lot of issues with her son not being creative.
Should I ask for an in-class observation ? I am really lost as to how to proceed next. His teacher brings up the lack of focus/lack of being on-task irrespective of whatever else I am asking her. That has me terribly concerned as well

I am also worried about my kid. For the past few days , he has been reading up a ton, experimenting, doing math his own way, and generally feeling rather happy with life. His outlook on life (and academics) on school days/non-school days is so different, I can't help but worry