I don't have any words of wisdom for you other than to just keep fighting.

But, I totally sympathize as we've been in this same situation with our DD11 several times, despite multiple sources of above-level testing. In our case it was a teacher who apprently thought their curriculum was so superior to others that the fact that DD knew so much didn't matter because she had never learned using their curriculum and would benefit from repeating all the material she already knew through their curriculum. You would think that when teacher comes across a child who loves to learn, loves a particular subject, is great at that subject, and is asking to learn more, that the teacher would be so excited about getting to nurture that student and maybe even mentor them. But, no. IME, they just come up with a million excuses why they couldn't possibly be ready for more challenging work.

I'd write more but it just makes me want to scream thinking about the excuses from teachers that we've faced over and over.

Recently, we insisted that our DD at least be given the chance to try the Algebra I class, with the caveat that she could be moved back if she was struggling (which we knew she wouldn't), and her clear success in the class is the only thing that's keeping the teacher from expressing her doubts (She still seems doubtful, nonetheless, that an 11 year old can do Algebra!)

Last edited by mnmom23; 10/10/12 08:38 AM. Reason: Added Info

She thought she could, so she did.