Which test did she score the 1% on? You don't need to share that with us if you don't want to - I'm just curious if the score could be highly impacted by a physical or neurological issue and if there are clues in any of the other neuropsych testing re what might have impacted the score.

Re your dh - once our ds was diagnosed and we learned more and more about his challenges, it was easy to see some related issues in ds and more particularly in his father. It's true they both "got by" without accommodations, special help etc. But - realistically, dh isn't as challenged. And dh's father "got by" and was even successful in many ways, but he was also known as the man in the family who "didn't talk". In hindsight, having experienced the challenges first hand that my ds experiences with an expressive language disorder, that makes me really sad to think that maybe the reason he "didn't talk" wasn't because he didn't want to but because he really truly didn't know what to say. DH is from a large family, and we're now seeing related diagnoses/challenges among ds' younger cousins as they move through the first few years of elementary school - so for our family, there seems to be a genetic link that simply wasn't recognized in previous generations.

polarbear