From the other perspective let me just say that we also picked up on things early and were told over and over that DD was soooo far ahead of the curve that things that were age appropriate just appeared to be deficits. In our case, though, it turned out that they appeared to be deficits because they WERE deficits. I can't help but wonder if things would be easier for DD now if we had been able to convince people to follow through on our concerns when we initially brought them up.

I hope your teacher and school will be more responsive than ours if you continue to have concerns. We were told repeatedly that they would not even consider her for testing. "She'd never qualify - she's too smart." It was only after they tried to require that she attend summer school because she was reading below K level that we were able to get her tested. Luckily she was identified that summer between kindergarten and first grade. Still considered early to be identified but I look at as losing 2 years since we initially started asking about dyslexia when she was 4.

So he may be just fine - hopefully he is. I would not wait a year or 2 if your concerns continue, though. Things may start to click for him once kindy gets underway. Mine also has a larger vocabulary than many of her teachers and is hopeless with puzzles. She, though, has a fine motor and visuo-spatial issue along with the reading stuff. We have a second neuropsych eval scheduled next week so I am assuming we will finally get the formal diagnoses of dyslexia and dysgraphia - a bit more complicated than having just one or the other I think.

Good luck and try not to stress. Stay observant and ask questions but don't freak yourself out if you can help it.