Ugh. Well, I've talked to her about some options for next year to see what kind of reaction she had. I could see her getting tense and anxious as we talked about school. :-(

We talked about 1) public school with accommodations; 2) maybe a private school (though we haven't found one we're crazy about yet); 3) the homeschool co-op option. She seemed ok with the idea of PS with some accommodations - said that would be fine with her. (I was worried it might make her feel too different.) She was VERY open to the idea of not being in PS next year. We've talked about it as a 1-2 year change. She thought about it, then very casually said - sounds fine, let's do it next year.

Then when I talked to her about the HS co-op, she got really excited. She actually got tearful, asking if she could please go. I was completely shocked by that reaction. She says what she likes is the idea of choosing classes she is excited about, and getting to move to different rooms during the day, and having more flexibility. I don't know how to interpret her reaction, really - is it a reflection on her current situation, or a desire for more challenge, or what?

Master of none, did you transition your DD back into public school? How did that go?