DeeDee, you've absolutely hit on my concerns. I do think that either way we are going to need a private tutor for the LD - at least so far, the school says she doesn't qualify for help from them because her scores are not low enough. One plus about the alternative school option is that hopefully we could do it as part of her day (hired privately by us) instead of having to fit it in during the evenings, probably at the cost of some other extracurricular activity.

I just don't know if she can boost social skills AND work on remediation AND not feel bored out of her skull in public school. Especially since they see no problem - she is mostly at or above grade level, quiet, well-behaved - we will have to pull teeth to get services and I worry that they will give them under duress, and maybe with less enthusiasm?

I think that the small school option would allow her to work on remediation with a tutor and to hopefully work ahead in her strong subjects - BUT could she develop social skills and confidence that would then transfer to the PS setting? Or are we setting ourselves up for misery in 1-2 years? Has anyone done this successfully - or unsuccessfully?

Thanks for the input!