Hi Pemberley,

I'd call that a masterful piece of advocacy. I'm so glad your DD is happy again.

Originally Posted by Pemberley
Do I continue to hold their feet to the fire until someone there acknowledges that they understand – not just that they are going to follow orders? Or do I just accept what is being done at the district level and move on? I just can’t stand the idea that the principal who took this stand is being let off the hook so easily. And how can I trust the SW to work with DD on the anxiety when she was part of such a colossal screw up?

My feeling is that you keep a close eye on things, and wait and see, knowing that you can always put their feet back to the fire if you need to. If they violate the IEP again, you can file a complaint with the state department of education; and since they admitted violating it once, they would be pretty well up the creek at that point.

Can you set up a communication system with the SW? Say, once a week she needs to tell you what she's done, and you get a chance to tell her how things look from your end? This can be an email, or by phone; I like written communication because it leaves a trail.

I guess I'm not in favor of trusting her at this point, but rather watching as closely as you can, and giving them a chance to fix what they broke. While at the same time safeguarding your DD at all times...
DeeDee