Polarbear posted while I was typing - thanks! Yes she is receiving lots and lots (and lots...) of pull out. Help with reading, OT, anxiety and speech, plus push in for math. Between that and specials I doubt asking for an in-class aide would really total that many hours a day. Hmmm... maybe they will go for it.

At the last meeting I told them that I thought first grade was going to be the hardest thing she ever had to do in school because it is focusing on all the things that are so hard for her physically. As she gets into higher grades and content becomes more important school will become much easier for her since that plays to her strengths. Without missing a beat the principal said "Well, that's certainly optimistic of you!" Great... nice way to take the air out of my sails... This is when I mentioned the use of assistive technology and got the dumbfounded looks.

We recently hired an educational advocate who will revisit the IEP at the next meeting. He found some flaws that he thinks need to be addressed. Since I rejected the IEP last week over the hat issue we will hopefully be able to meet again soon.

This is all just SO exhausting, frustrating, demoralizing, etc. I totally sympathize with DD but don't want to feed into it. How can I keep her engaged and optimistic when I am feeling so beaten down?